Privacy & Cookies Policy
Protecting your privacy
At Silvermere, are 100% committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and website visitors. This page aims to help you to understand what information we might collect about you and how we use it.
For all our services, the data controller — the company that’s responsible for your privacy, is Silvermere Golf & Leisure Limited, registered Company Number: 1844916. Our parent company is Dwellcourt Limited, the registered address is Downs Farm, Reigate Road, Ewell, Surrey, KT17 3BY
Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to [email protected] or by writing to Silvermere Golf & Leisure, Redhill Road, Cobham, Surrey, KT11 1EF. Alternatively, you can telephone 01932 584300.
Navigating this page
- How we collect information
- The type of Information that is collected
- What we do with the information we gather
- Keeping your information
- How to control your personal information
- Your rights
- Sharing your information
- Links to other websites
- Changes to how we protect you privacy
We obtain information about you in a number of ways when you use our website, for example when you contact us via our contact form, sign up to our Privilege Card or register to receive emails from us. From time to time we may collect your information in competitions. Other information we collect when you browse our site may include your IP address and device type.
- Account Information: If you make an online enquiry, or register for a Privilege Card, the personal information we collect might include name, address, date of birth, mobile number and email.
- Other information you provide to us: such a in online forms or competitions.
- Online usage information: When you visit or browse our website, this will include information about your website visit or use of our products or services using cookies (as described in our cookies section).
We use your information in a number of different ways and what we do depends on the information.
The majority of information stored is captured when an online visitor fills out an enquiry form or Privilege Card application – this information is stored in an encrypted format on the webserver and also emailed to Silvermere (sensitive purchasing data is not included in the email) – this information is only used in response to an online order or enquiry submitted.
Will only use your personal information for legitimate business purposes to administer your Privilege Card account or to provide the services you have requested from us. These include some or all of the following:
- To provide you with the information, customer service, products and services that you request from us
- To send you service messages by text or email, such as order updates
- To process an online order or complete a transaction (via www.silvermeregolfstore.com)
- To manage your Silvermere Privilege Card account including sending replacement lost or stolen cards
- To administer any promotion or competition that you enter via our website(s)
- To verify you are aged 16 or over
- When you consent, to provide you with information about goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about by email.
Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure that we always keep your personal data rights in high regard. You do not have to give us any of this personal information but if you don’t, you are unlikely to receive our optimal overall customer experience. But that is your choice.
We will not share your information for marketing purposes with companies outside of our group.
This site does make use of Google Analytics for online visitor tracking – you can read more about cookie privacy and Google Analytics at: http://www.cookielaw.org/google-analytics-eu-cookie-law.aspx
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If you have given us consent, we’ll send you marketing messages by email with interesting emails about our latest news, products, exclusive offers and events. This includes sending your Privilege Card balance by email.
Customers who consent to receiving marketing emails will always have the option to unsubscribe at any point via a link at the bottom of every email they receive.
Customers enquiring online are NOT automatically added to a marketing database and will not be sent unsolicited email marketing without first being asked if they would like to opt in to receive marketing material.
If you give us feedback, we may use it to improve our services and we may publish it online or offline to promote our business and our services. We will ask for your consent before we publish it.
This website (www.silvermere-golf.co.uk) may from time to time use persistent cookies (the small text files stored on your computer) to record your preferences or activity between visits. These cookies do not store personal information about you or your computer and you can clear them at any point by deleting your browser history – for more information about cookies you can visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org/ Silvermere do not share cookies or any of your data with any other company outside of our parent company, Dwellcourt Ltd.
What to do if you don’t want cookies to be set?
If you find the idea of this website storing information on your computer or mobile device a little intrusive, even though it is generally quite harmless, it is possible to block some or all cookies, or even to delete cookies that have already been set; but you need to be aware that you might lose some functions on this website. For information on how to control cookies being stored on your computer see: http://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx?page=1
I agreed for this site to store cookies but have changed my mind
If you previously agreed to allow www.silvermere-golf.co.uk to store cookies on your computer but have subsequently changed your mind then you can delete the cookie set by this choice – see http://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx?page=1 to learn how to control and remove cookies stored on your computer.
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as you have a Silvermere Privilege Card account with us, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you that your have requested.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your Privilege Card account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If you would like to delete or make changes to you personal details, you can do so by getting in touch.
We request your consent to agree to receive marketing emails. If you consent but decide you would like to delete or make changes to you personal details, you can do so by getting in touch by emailing [email protected]. Or you can unsubscribe any time by following the link in our emails.
You have the right under applicable data protection laws to access information held about you and you can do so by contacting us using the details provided below in this policy.
You have many rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this privacy notice
- The right to request access to personal information held about you and a copy of it;
- The right to obtain, without undue delay, the rectification of inaccurate or incomplete personal data
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to withdraw consent and stop direct marketing messages
- The right to object to the processing of, personal data in certain circumstances, for example, where Silvermere Golf & Leisure’s processes personal data for legitimate purposes but you do not feel that your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms have been protected
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider on your behalf where technically feasible
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
We promise to keep your details safe and will never sell you data on to any third party including your name, address, email or credit card information outside of our parent company, Dwellcourt Ltd.
However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you (via https://www.silvermeregolfstore.com), such as payment service providers and delivery companies
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts who , who help us run our websites.
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites
- We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers that does not identify you
We aim to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please ask your parent or guardian’s permission before you provide us with personal information.