Privacy & Cookies Policy
Protecting your privacy – Overview
At Silvermere Golf & Leisure Limited (referred to as ‘Silvermere’, ‘we’ and ‘us’), we are 100% committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and website visitors.
The Data Controller
For all our services, the data controller — the company that’s responsible for your privacy, is Silvermere Golf & Leisure Limited, registered Company Number: 1844916 the registered address is Silvermere Golf & Leisure, Redhill Road, Cobham, Surrey, KT11 1EF.
Our parent company is Dwellcourt Limited, the registered address is Downs Farm, Reigate Road, Ewell, Surrey, KT17 3BY.
The Data Protection Officer
Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be sent to:
Email – [email protected]
In writing – The Data Protection Officer, Dwellcourt Group Limited, Downs Farm, Reigate Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT17 3BY.
Telephone – 02087 868333
Navigating this page
- Information we collect
- What we do with the information we gather
- Email Marketing
- Keeping your information
- Controlling your personal information
- Your rights
- Sharing your information
- Links to other websites
- Changes to how we protect you privacy
- How to contact us
We obtain information about you in a number of ways when you use our website or visit us at Silvermere, for example when you contact us via our contact form, sign up to our Privilege Card or register to receive emails from us.
The type of information that is collected
Silvermere collect the following information about you:
- Name & Contact Information: If you make an online enquiry, or register for a Privilege Card, the personal information we collect might include your contact details (name, address, mobile number and email).
- Date of birth: When applying for a Privilege Card we request your date of birth in order to verify you are aged 16 or over.
- Website usage information: As with most websites our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our website and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using our website, browser type and settings, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
- Membership information: If you have a membership with us, we will ask for your name, contact details and billing information. We will only ever ask for information to enable us to provide the services you have requested for the performance your contract with us.
- CCTV images: As part of our legitimate interests CCTV is in operation during your visit to Silvermere to ensure your safety and for the prevention and detection of crime. Please be aware that if we are requested to provide CCTV images of you by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities, we are obliged do so.
- Other information you provide to us: such as in online forms or competitions.
We use your information in a number of different ways and what we do depends on the information.
When we process your personal information we will do so for one of the following purposes:
You have given clear consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose. We may use consent in the following situations:
- When you consent, to provide you with information about goods and services we offer in marketing emails
- To administer any promotion or competition that you enter via our website(s)
Legitimate business interests
In certain situations we collect and process your personal information for purposes that are in our legitimate business interests, unless there is a good reason to protect an individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
We may use legitimate interests in the following ways:
- To administrate your Silvermere Privilege Card account including sending replacement lost or stolen cards
- To respond to your requests for help or information.
- For limited analysis of data for marketing purposes (e.g. how our customers use our website, so we can provide you with a better online experience)
- Occasionally we analyse purchase history data to tailor our marketing communications to make them more relevant
- Limited use of CCTV for security purposes
- To respond to an online review or query
When you book or purchase you are entering into a contract with us. In order to fulfil this contract we need to process and store your data. Therefore the processing is necessary for a contract or because we have been asked to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
- Selling and supplying goods and services to our customers
- To provide you with the products and services that you request from us (such as Golf Membership).
In some cases, we have a legal or statutory duty to process information, and we will always comply with any legal requirement.
Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure that we always keep your personal data rights in high regard. We will not share your information for marketing purposes with companies outside of our group (Dwellcourt Limited).
This site makes use of Google Analytics for online visitor tracking – you can read more about cookie privacy and Google Analytics at: http://www.cookielaw.org/google-analytics-eu-cookie-law.aspx
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If you have given us consent, we’ll send you marketing messages by email with interesting emails about our latest news, products, exclusive offers and events. This includes sending your Privilege Card balance by email.
Customers who consent to receiving marketing emails will always have the option to unsubscribe at any point via a link at the bottom of every email they receive.
Customers enquiring online are NOT automatically added to a marketing database and will not be sent unsolicited email marketing without first being asked if they would like to opt in to receive marketing material.
If you give us feedback, we may use it to improve our services and we may publish it online or offline to promote our business and our services. We will ask for your consent before we publish it.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files sent by us to your computer or mobile device. They are unique to your account or your browser.
Session-based cookies last only while your browser is open and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies last until you or your browser deletes them or until they expire.
This website (www.silvermere-golf.co.uk) uses session based cookies to allow users to be recognised within a website so any page changes or item or data selection you do is remembered from page to page.
This website (www.silvermere-golf.co.uk) may from time to time use persistent cookies (the small text files stored on your computer) to record your preferences or activity between visits. These cookies do not store personal information about you or your computer and you can clear them at any point by deleting your browser history – for more information about cookies you can visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org/ Silvermere do not share cookies or any of your data with any other company outside of our parent company, Dwellcourt Ltd.
For a list of the cookies used on this website click here.
What to do if you don’t want cookies to be set?
If you find the idea of this website storing information on your computer or mobile device a little intrusive, even though it is generally quite harmless, it is possible to block some or all cookies, or even to delete cookies that have already been set; but you need to be aware that you might lose some functions on this website. For information on how to control cookies being stored on your computer see: http://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx?page=1
I agreed for this site to store cookies but have changed my mind
If you previously agreed to allow www.silvermere-golf.co.uk to store cookies on your computer but have subsequently changed your mind then you can delete the cookie set by this choice – see http://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx?page=1 to learn how to control and remove cookies stored on your computer.
Google (Google Analytics)
This cookie provides anonymised data to allow us to understand user behaviour and marketing performance across our Group.
If you make an online enquiry we will keep your information for a maximum of 1 year following your enquiry, unless you decide to enter in to a contract with us.
If you sign-up to a Silvermere Privilege Card, we’ll hold on to your information for as long as you have a Silvermere Privilege Card account with us, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you that your have requested.
If you do not have a Silvermere Privilege Card account, but you have signed up to receive Silvermere’s marketing communications, then we will only retain your information for as long as we have your consent to send you marketing.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your Privilege Card account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If you would like to delete or make changes to you personal details, you can do so by getting in touch – please email [email protected] or call 01932 584300.
You have the right under applicable data protection laws to access information held about you and you can do so by contacting us using the details provided below in this policy.
You have many rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this privacy notice
- The right to request access to personal information held about you and a copy of it;
- The right to obtain, without undue delay, the rectification of inaccurate or incomplete personal data
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to withdraw consent and stop direct marketing messages
- The right to object to the processing of, personal data in certain circumstances, for example, where Silvermere Golf & Leisure’s processes personal data for legitimate purposes but you do not feel that your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms have been protected
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider on your behalf where technically feasible
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
We promise to keep your details safe and will never sell you data on to any third party. However, we share your data with the following categories of companies (Data Controllers) as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies in the Dwellcourt Group, as sometimes different parts of the group are responsible for different activities – such as Doug McClelland Golf Store for in-store and online purchases.
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you (via https://www.silvermeregolfstore.com), such as payment service providers and delivery companies
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts who, who help us run our websites.
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites
- We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers that does not identify you
We aim to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please ask your parent or guardian’s permission before you provide us with personal information.