They always say ‘there are no pictures on the scorecard!’ In our case we wish there were as it certainly doesn’t tell the full story. The regular club members would agree that length is not everything considering that the winning scores carded are regularly over par!
Feature Holes – The Silvermere Tough Finish!
Par 4 16th – The most underrated hole on the course!
- You need a good straight drive, avoiding the water hazard on the left of the fairway in order to reach the green.
- The 2nd shot plays longer than it looks meaning a 4 here is a good score.
Par 3 17th – Off the back tee a tough par 3!
- It’s a mentally challenging shot to get over the water.
- The green is big, undulating and not easy to read.
- Take a 3 and run to the next tee!
Par 4 18th – The signature hole!
- Getting the ball on the fairway is a must, otherwise the 2nd shot becomes very difficult.
- A 200 yard tee shot to the middle of the fairway leaves a shot with a short iron to the island green.
Finish 4 – 3 – 4
- You deserve a drink on the terrace overlooking the 18th green and Silvermere Lake, watching the fun unfold as golfers try and negotiate the water.