The UK Government has announced that golf will be able to resume in England on Wednesday, 13 May 2020 after a seven-week hiatus.
In accordance with the Prime Minister’s statement of 10 May, all outdoor sport, including golf, must be enjoyed alone or within a household group.
The below information has been provided by England Golf. Any guidance may be re-issued as government measures to combat COVID-19 are updated in the future.
The following #PlaySafeStaySafe social distancing rules must be strictly adhered to:
- Stay at least two-metres apart at all times
- Pre-book all tee times
- Do not touch anything on the course, including flags
- Wash or sanitise your hands regularly
- Only use your own equipment and golf balls
- Leave straight after your round
Golfers play at their own risk: Whilst we have taken every care to ensure customers safety, we cannot accept any responsibility for illness contracted whilst visiting Silvermere Golf & Leisure.
Read the further guidance below:
1. Course Set-up
- All rakes and ball-retrievers have been removed
- Ball washers and drinking fountains have been covered up
- Benches and bins have been removed, covered or sign-posted in such a way that players don’t touch them
- All other removable items to be removed, except that stakes defining areas of the course can be treated as immovable obstructions
Hole and Flagstick
- Flagsticks can be retained but it is strongly recommended that a sign is put on the flagstick stating that it is not to be touched
- A method of inserting the hole liner to be used that means all of the ball does not fall below the surface of the putting green and can be easily retrieved by handling the ball only
- Practice areas, including practice nets, to be closed unless safe sanitising practices can be guaranteed
2. Before the Round
- Online booking now available with pre-payment to ensures the safety of staff and golfers
- Maximum two golfers in a group per tee time
- There is 9-minute intervals between tee times
Arrival and Waiting to Play
- The clubhouse and locker room facilities will be closed. Limited essential access (for example to use the toilets) may be allowed
- We will communicate in advance with golfers to advise on social distancing requirements that are being applied on arrival at the facility, for example not leaving cars until a certain time before their tee time
- We have procedures in place to ensure social distancing requirements are in place
- No trolleys, buggies or other items are available for hire
- The practice putting green is closed
3. During the Round
Reminders are provided to golfers to ensure that they keep at least two metres apart during the round.
- Keep two metres apart at teeing areas due to the normal close proximity of golfers to one another when tee shots are being played
- Stay more than two metres apart when walking to the ball, searching for a ball and playing shots
- Do not to touch stray balls
- With no rakes allowed on the course, please make their very best efforts to smooth the sand using their club and/or feet
- Keep two metres apart on the putting greens and not to touch the flagstick
4. After the Round
Social distancing is as important after a round as it is during the round, so when the round is over all golfers must leave the course and the club/facility immediately so that there are no gatherings around the clubhouse area.